Friday, October 29, 2010
Childhood stories
When i was a kid i know my parents used to read to me on a nightly basis. but for one reason or another i cant quite remember what stories they were. However I remember the first actually book I read and enjoyed. It was the Red pony by John Steinbeck, one of his lesser known volumes. I recall reading it one time through than reading it again. It was a short story, published first in 3 parts in magazines. It was one of Steinbeck's easier phrased pieces of work. But i digress, weather or not my parents read to me a lot is a mystery. I read myself because i enjoy it much more. If in fact my parents did read to my i'm guessing it were short stories such as "Is your momma a lama" or "goodnight moon". Although i think it is important for parents to read with there children, it sets a good example.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment